Greek Spaghetti Squash Bowls
Greek Spaghetti Squash Bowls packed full with red peppers, onion, artichokes, Greek seasoned ground turkey, and topped with feta for a satisfying, low carb meal!
Recipe type: Dinner Serves: 4-6
Prep time: 30 mins Cook time: 10 mins Total time: 40 mins
- 1 medium-large spaghetti squash (about 2 lbs)
- 1lb 94% lean ground turkey (or lamb)
- ½ TBS minced garlic
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- ½ medium sweet onion, chopped (about ½ cup)
- 1 14oz can quartered artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 6 oz feta, crumbled
- ½ TBS dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp ground onion
- ¼ tsp marjoram
- ¼ tsp thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F. Fill a 13×9 baking pan with ½ cup of water and set aside.
- Cut squash lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Place squash cut side down in baking pan with water. Bake squash for 30 minutes, or until squash is tender.*
- While squash is baking, prepare skillet with garlic, chopped onion, and chopped bell pepper. Cook on medium heat until vegetables are slightly soft, ~ 15 minutes. Transfer to separate bowl.
- Using same skillet, add turkey burger and cook on medium heat. Add Greek seasonings and crumble meat as it cooks. Fully cook the turkey burger.
- Turn stove top to low heat and add vegetables back into skillet with turkey. Add in artichoke hearts, and fresh spinach. Cover skillet with lid and cook until spinach is wilted, about 5 minutes, then stir to combine. Turn stove off.
- Once squash is done, flip over and scrape inside with fork so the squash strands come loose. Once bowl is full scraped, add in mixture until full and top with crumbled feta.
- Return stuffed squash back to oven for 5 more minutes. This meal can be eaten straight from the bowl, enjoy!
*If squash is tough to cut, warm squash in the oven while it is preheating, and then cut.
-To make a meatless meal, try replacing the ground turkey with tempeh, chickpeas, lentils, or another high protein vegetable
-This recipe serves 4-6. We got about 4 meals total, plus extra filling.
-Nutrition based on 6 servings.
Serving size: ~1/6 bowl Calories: 285 Fat: 10 Carbohydrates: 20 Sugar: 7 Fiber: 5 Protein: 24
Recipe by Fit Mitten Kitchen